The Spahr Center Board of Directors is forming an HIV Client Advisory Committee. All clients are invited to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, May 29th from 3:30 – 5:00 pm. Jeremy Tsuchitani-Watson, HCAP Advocate at ALRP in San Francisco, will facilitate the meeting. Come to learn about the committee, give input and pick up an application.
- Provide a formal link between HIV clients and the Board of Directors.
- Facilitate communication between clients and board members.
- Review programs and services and report to the board annually.
- With the board, conduct an annual, open forum to hear client opinions and suggestions regarding programs, services and unmet needs.
- The committee will have up to nine members who are HIV clients of The Spahr Center.
- Members will be chosen using an application and interview process by a nominating committee established by the Board of Directors.
- Members will serve for a maximum of two years and may be reappointed by the Board of Directors with the concurrence of a majority of the Advisory Committee members.
- The Board of Directors will appoint no more than two board members to serve as liaison to the committee. At least one liaison member will attend all committee meetings to facilitate regular and timely communication between the committee and the board.
- The committee will meet bi-monthly, or as required, by the majority of committee members.
- The committee will prepare an annual report to the Board of Directors on programs and services.